Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Warm Arms

Bought a denim vest from the 'Salvos' and have removed the sleeves so............
now I am knitting up two (well, it has to be two as I have two arms) sleeves to insert.
This is sleeve no 1.
Still a ways to go with it.
I have all the balls of yarns (stuff I have left over from other projects, odd balls that I've liked and bought, yarn I've dyed myself) in a big bag and I just dip and knit.
Lots of fun and I don't get bored.
I just have to remember what I did increasewise for the second sleeve!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever idea!

See, I've ripped out sweaters from "Salvos" or thrift stores to re-use the yarn, and also I've seen good projects to use after felting thrifted wool sweaters, too.

ChelleC said...

Look'n good Susie!

Kristina B said...

You've given me an idea as to what to do with a ratty old denim jacket that I can't bear to part with...

I like repurposing old sweaters from thrift shops as well. Usually I felt them and make them into bags or other things. I really need to get a sewing machine...

Soozie said...

Don't forget that it chellec that inspired me to do this. Have a look at her stuff on ravellry